Saturday 18 December 2010

Poetry...

A relevant thing about irrelevance/ If you care too much about that dance
You will give your all for a lie/ Your confidence & calm will die
Your friends lose trust in your new face/ Your thoughts & words will
be out of place
A scary situation to be sure/ Complicated when you do more
But we're not naturally sentient & still/ We insist on the strength of will
I'd scream in frustration/ But that's not the true situation
The truth about where we are/ Is held in our every scar
I've got scars of betrayal & loss/ All with the heart of a boss
I do not like the spaces I live in/ But how do you make peace with it & win?
I do not like the consequences gathering at my door/ I'm on the shit
creek, no paddle, no oar.
I dream, but my dreams do not follow me/ They sit back in great safety
from where they can see
A loss with a strange gain/ Like an ill-timed rain.
So I walk in silence, speak quietly/ That's the true nature of life,
hiding in me.
So goodbye to the blind life, the short life, the deceitful life/ I'm
walking away from all of that & finding solace again in the light.

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: