Sunday 25 July 2010

Pre-Insomnia poetry

Everybody knows who threw the first blow/ Who're you fighting for,
Cain or Abel, nobody really knows.
Men tells us to war, tell victory promises covering heaven & earth/
But who're they kidding? They couldn't even promise birth.
I'm not feeling tired or defeated, inspite of how I'm treated/ I'm
choosing where I stand as history's repeated.
Where's the road we're treading on going? Direction we're flowing/
Half the battle is staying alive, the other half is knowing.
No man is greater than me, I'm no greater than Jesus/ That's why I ask
him forgive us because he sees us.
My cross is on me, my carrying it is daily/ Even on days when it feels
like it doesn't suit me.
I'm reminded to be humble whenever a bit of trouble/Comes towards me &
my attitude starts to fumble.
Give me space, give me room, give it to me soon/ My heart's not in it
just to win it, but to do what He wants me to.
To prove Jesus right in my every fight, day or night/ He sees me
clearer than we see black & white.
My weaknesses are real, they toy with how I feel/ But I must outlast
them to win, that's the deal.
I try to press on, then I fall, & to top it all/ People see you in
trouble they don't even stop or stall.
To curse sounds great, that is no debate/ Until your life is changed
in your truest state.
That's you naked & not hidden, answering when bidden/Knowing the
Master's voice when he wants your best, not your average or middle.
What does He promise in exchange for your very best?/ Faith comes with
things we as a race can't fathom just yet.


I wrote this after I ran into someone from my better past. I'm getting
back on the road. She would have been great to date, but I'm
unfit...and I know it. So... I press on. Thanks for reading.

No comments: