Monday 27 September 2010

The Eternal Now

Last night, a friend (more like the jerk in my old crew) stated
there's no need to get stuck with the past, but rather to focus on the
future. I'd talk about his silliness & what it's cost him, but that's
both tasteless & tacky. But he inspired this post to be completed.
As corporeal beings, we perceive time to be linear (the assumed
correctness of this suits our general activities & purposes), but it
also robs us of a wonderful thing that God has blessed us with. The
eternal now.
Ideas of eternity are difficult for me to wrap my head around, but the
eternal now makes perfect sense to me (it's up there with the
proclivities of empires, the power of an open face & the inherent
inability to deceive ourselves thus other people).
2 ex-girlfriends & an old crush taught me the value of the eternal
now. The journey of this understanding began when I'd be occupied with
making the next moment wonderful but never appreciating the moment in
the moment. It hit me when she declared we were best platonic. The
first of my ex-girlfriends was where I corrected myself. Every kiss(+
or - tongue), every hug, every touch, every word, every sigh, every
look, every detail, I took in because I caught a glimpse of the power
of the eternal now. Heart break is a more common ailment in the human
race than AIDS or malaria (Not everyone will carry the parasites
responsible, but everyone will care for someone or something more than
they care for themselves and will be disappointed that their point of
fixation isn't as consistent as God).
Well, don't focus on the past. But remember what lessons you've
learned from it and move on up, not shifting to the side. Relegating
yourself for crimes in the past is wrong. Infallibility is a human
inheritance. Still, the irreconcilable offended are a sad fact to
face. Sometimes the only peace you can offer the offended is space. I
accepted that when it favoured me, but not when it didn't. I've grown
up now.

--
Sent from my mobile device

1 comment:

Joanna St. James said...

that is what people have been telling me all day. Move on to the next step, if things dont work out one way then that is not your path try a slightly different one.