Friday 7 May 2010

A pinch of salt- an introduction

There's always something to write about. Childhood is often a very
rich source of material. It has no stain of mature expectations.
Rather, it is the journey of loss of innocence. As you grow older,
your eyes see what the world is for itself. Fed by stories, you come
to conclusions all your own. James Baldwin wrote to his nephew of not
trusting anything his experience did not support. I agree to a point.
As an african, you cannot discount the unseen. These stories are based
on things seen, heard, explained (sometimes from the vantage point
where the mind can bear the weight of the truth as it is).
As child, everything is fiction except when your heart tells you it is
not. A tricky passage, no doubt. But I trust it. Not because I must,
but because I should. It's not a collection of biographical stories.
It's a collection of impressions.
In a way, it is an epitaph. I will never go back to then. I will move
forward from here. But while I'm here, I owe it the use of my
abilities gathered over the years. I will pay the debt as best as I
can.

On 1/24/10, Remi Olutimayin <incunabula.ng@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok,so let's start with as far back as we can remember. The order can
> be sorted out later. It is important to get them down. This project
> should take the better part of the next 5 months or so. Take
> heart,take care and remember this started on the morning after
> WinePress 2010
>
> On 1/24/10, Remi Olutimayin <remi.olutimayin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I believe W.E.B. Du Bois said it takes a village to raise a child. I
>> am the product of my fathers and mothers. These are the men and women
>> who donated more than just genetic material to my life. Their
>> stories,their insights into human behaviour, their courage in the face
>> of violent stupidity, their interest in the manner with which I
>> conduct my affairs...these stories are my way of recognising their
>> parts in my life. I love you all. You will recognise yourselves in the
>> stories. The names do not matter. It could have been anyone,but no one
>> else would have seen how you saw.
>> Remi Olutimayin 1:30pm 24/01/2010
>>
>> --
>> Sent from my mobile device
>>
>
> --
> Sent from my mobile device
>

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: