Saturday 8 May 2010

Poetry

Falling off the edge:
I'm in a small place
Too small for a face
Too small for a song
As small as the day's long
As small as the mind
Of a very small kind
Of man who remained blind
To the lies that bind
Us to death in our sleep
As we sow dreams & reap
Our hopes in bundles and heaps
Fear keeping our desires from our lips

I'm in a small space
Too small to chase
Every dream gone to waste
When I lived in a haste
When a smile was too much to ask
And living became a terrible task
And promises were made and broken
Almost as soon as they were spoken
And love was substituted by solitude
'Expect disappointment' was the attitude

I'm in a small world
With tin gods wanting to be served
With the life and sweat of 'lesser men'
Convinced this servitude cannot end
Where wealth draws a line as real
As the dreams of a leopard seal
But this wealth tells a worse lie
You'd think the wealthy never die
But they do. But dare they realise this?
That we all will recieve death's kiss?

I'm in a small...thing.
Am I small for thinking?
Am I small for being wounded easily?
Am I small to want to live happily?
Am I small for wanting more?
Am I small for ignoring the score?
Am I small for caring as I do?
If you think so...then so are you. True!
Where you put your eyes
That's about the size

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: