Wednesday 26 May 2010

So...my world is...what it is.

Today, I met with a young lady who thought I was gay. Not an insult in
my opinion. I wasn't attracted to her & I think her assumptions
followed her reasoning. She was free to assume, but not right. Reminds
me of times when I thought wrong but felt right. Sad, neh?
The raison d'être of this blog is demystify certain thought processes.
I pride myself in being a prince of random (information overload is
the key) & so I speak with random abandon. Yet with purpose...to vex
jocks & meat-brained people. What's wrong with being gay? I'm a
christian & I will not stray from or deny my personal christian
heritage. It is wrong in God's eyes. He said it. Homosexuality,
lesbianism, beastiality...all explicitly prohibited for more than
4,000 years now. So my question is not if it is wrong in the divine
sense, but who amongst us, bears the exact weight for such measures of
right & wrong?
I'm not a judge, nor a respectable juror...certainly a poor
executioner (stopped killing chickens. It's the look in the eye that
gets me) but I firmly believe the best way to deal with such things is
to understand & then solve from within by prayer. I'm really tired &
it got to me. I've got friends who are gay. I'm not ashamed of them.
Who was too low for Jesus to care about? Or too lost? Or too broken?
I'm going to make this shorter than usual by quoting my father.
Many years ago(& I did have pubic hair by then...shhh), my father
called me aside to say,"Many of the mistakes I made as a man came from
making conclusions too early in life."
Live a little before you condemn. Life will taste better, I assure you.

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: